WMTC is Currently Hiring
The White Mountain Trail Collective is hiring a Project Manager for the 2020 project season in the Mount Washington Valley.
12 Month Position - Salary Based on Experience
The expectation of hours worked are 40 hours per week March - November and 25 hours per week for January, February and December for a total of 1740 hours over 12 months.
The Project Manager (PM) is primarily responsible for the planning, training, and field oversight of the contractors, partners and volunteer trail work on the MWVP . The PM is responsible for project logistics, trail work and maintenance while ensuring that work is performed to the highest of standards. Additional duties include assessing trail work needs and field consultations with partners and volunteer trail workers.
This Position will have access to an office space in Conway, NH
● Upholds the Vision of the White Mountain Trail Collective (see attached).
● Supports and Honors the autonomy of WMTC constituents.
● Recruiting, assisting in training and mentoring, scheduling, and oversight of trail crews, partners and clubs under the WMTC umbrella.
● Work with partners and land managers to prioritize and plan trail work projects, which are primarily technical trail reconstruction or relocation projects requiring bridges as well as rock and wood structures, sometimes in areas of sensitive habitat.
● Oversee equipment and supplies, including purchasing, inventory, and maintenance.
● Assist in the development of trail work agreements, including cost estimates and trails logs. ● Ensures collection of labor and material data according to WMTC project cost codes.
● Enforce established policies and guidelines to ensure the safe and responsible use of the vehicles, equipment, and facilities.
● Works closely with the Executive Director on project budget development.
● Works within approved budget parameters; obtains Purchase Orders for expenses as needed from ED.
● Maintain work priority database.
● Instruct and develop training sessions for professional and volunteer trail crews throughout the year as well as during the project season.
● Prepare and present trails related programs and trainings to a wide range of audiences such as trail clubs, volunteer groups, potential donors, and agency partners.
● Serves on Project and Data Committees. Chairs the Project Sub Committee.
● Willingness to travel throughout the Northeast and work some evenings and weekends.
● Gives ED weekly reports of work completed and upcoming work anticipated.
● Attend WMTC Events, conduct interviews and other WMTC
marketing engagements as needed
● Leads volunteer trail days.
● Other duties as assigned.