Seasonal Crew Leader
The White Mountain Trail Collective is hiring a Seasonal Crew Leader, responsible for leading and supervising a small crew of 3-6 young adult Americorps service members through our partnership with the Lakes Region Conservation Corps. This person will work alongside and supervise the crew on a variety of trail maintenance and construction projects, and other related conservation projects, under the direction of project partners and WMTC staff. This may include work on annual trail maintenance, stone and timber work, building new and relocated trails, restoration, and monitoring. The Crew Leader will help ensure projects are completed safely, and to a high standard of quality.
**WMTC REQUIRES ALL STAFF AND CREW MEMBERS TO BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19**
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as the primary in-field leadership for crew members, provide guidance, training and direction to crew members
- Ensuring safe work practices are being followed
- Cultivating a supportive environment, positive crew dynamics, and effective communication
- Facilitating conflict resolution between crew members
- Assisting with project logistics and ensuring crew members are prepared for project work and weather conditions
- Managing camping logistics and facilitating in-field camping when project requires
- Completing documentation on work completed and safety incidents
- Acting as the site supervisor representative to the LRCC Americorps program, attending meetings and completing administrative tasks associated with the program (timesheets, evaluations, etc.)
The WMTC seeks a motivated, independent, and empathetic individual with prior trail work experience and outdoor experience, able to mentor and challenge new trail workers, as well as support and accommodate their needs. Ideal candidates will demonstrate professionalism, adaptability, and the ability to problem-solve and communicate effectively. In addition to a background in trail work, previous work experience with youth or young adults is a plus.
This position is full-time, 40+ hours a week, and will involve camping with the crew during the week, for parts of the season. (Housing is available with the crew.)
This position runs May 9th through October 28th, 2022
The Seasonal Crew Leader is not an Americorps position and will be paid $17 - $18 per hour, depending on experience