LRCC Crew Member
Looking for a way to spend your summer outdoors? Excited to work hard in beautiful places? The White Mountain Trail Collective is recruiting AmeriCorps service members through the Lakes Region Conservation Corps for the 2022 summer season. AmeriCorp members at the WMTC are trained for and complete a variety of tasks pertaining to trail maintenance, construction, and trail use management, including basic trail maintenance, new trail construction, basic rock and timber work for trail maintenance and construction, wilderness trail work techniques, and other related conservation work. AmeriCorp members learn about theory and practices of trail sustainability, construction, and management, knowledge that will serve them in any career involving the use or stewardship of a network of recreational trails.
**WMTC REQUIRES ALL STAFF AND CREW MEMBERS TO BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19**
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working a varying schedule, 40-45 hours a week, 10+ hour workdays
- Working outdoors and in adverse weather conditions
- Hiking regularly to and from project sites, including over 10 miles in a day on occasion, and carrying equipment up to 70lbs
- Safely using and working with hand and power tools
- Moving heavy materials, including rock and timber, by hand and with tools
- Living and working as a crew, including camping and backpacking for work some weeks
Candidates need the ability and desire to work long hours and do hard physical labor in the outdoors. Ideal candidates will show a commitment to personal and professional growth, and accepting differences within the crew. No prior conservation experience is required, and prior outdoor experience is desired but not required.
This position is a 22.5 week half-term AmeriCorps position, and runs from May 16th to October 19th, 2022
Members will receive a bi-weekly living stipend of $534, along with an AmeriCorps education award of $3,172.50 upon the successful completion of their half-term. Housing will be provided for the length of the term.